Updated Dec 20, 2012 - 9:58 am
Cardinals defense is rough on opposing QBs
His defense is hell on opposing quarterbacks.
ESPN.com's Mike Sando and ESPN Stats & Information crunched the numbers and the results are startling.
Of the 12 starting quarterbacks the Cardinals have faced this season, nine of the them have performed substantially lower than their season standard based on ESPN's Total QBR statistic. Only Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers, San Francisco's Alex Smith and Miami's Ryan Tannehill have performed better against Arizona than their respective season marks.
The 12 primary quarterbacks Arizona has faced to this point in the season have combined to complete 54.5 percent of their passes with 16 touchdowns, 21 interceptions and a 33.3 Total QBR score against the Cardinals.
Those same quarterbacks have completed 62.8 percent of their passes with 212 touchdowns, 112 picks and a 61.2 QBR score against everyone else.
It'll be interesting to keep an eye on what Chicago quarterback Jay Cutler can do against a recharged Cardinals defense Sunday.
In case you're wondering, Cutler's Total QBR for the year is 49.5 with 17 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.