Updated Dec 20, 2012 - 1:43 pm
ESPN analyst: Cardinals should give Brian Hoyer a look
The rookie out of San Diego State completed 14-of-21 passes for 104 yards and one interception. His numbers weren't great (they really weren't even good), but he did not make the game-changing mistake and ultimately earned his first NFL win. He is expected to get the start when the Cardinals host the Chicago Bears Sunday, though Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo he thinks the Cardinals should give some playing time to recently-signed quarterback Brian Hoyer.
"I think eventually you need to see some Hoyer," he said. "You'd like to see him in a Cardinals uniform on the field in a real-live game.
Hoyer, 27, has played in parts of three NFL seasons with the New England Patriots. He has completed 27-of-43 passes for 286 yards with one touchdown and one interception.
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!