Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson leaves Ray Horton speechless
Horton was a guest on Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Show Thursday and when asked what his young corner needs to improve on, the Cardinals' DC was rendered speechless.
After a period of silence, Horton discussed why he believes Peterson is such a special and rare breed of talent.
"How do you describe somebody that's smart, that's fast, that's strong, that's big, that has fantastic hands, feet, he has tackling ability, he studies, says the right things, was brought up the right way by his parents?" Horton said. "He is the complete package."
The 22-year-old's play speaks for itself this season. Peterson has emerged as one of the top cornerbacks in the league. The Cardinals' 2011 first round pick has 47 tackles and is tied for second in the NFL with seven interceptions.
The Pro Bowler has also started all 14 games for the Cardinals and has routinely gone up against the top wideouts in the game.
"[The Bears] have a wide receiver that is leading the league in receptions, second in yardage, has 66 more catches than anybody on their team, has seven more touchdowns than anyone on their team," Horton explained. "I see a challenge for [Peterson] and a challenge for the defense to kind of replicate what they did last week."
Peterson's performance of late has garnered rave reviews from the Cardinals' coaching staff. But Horton can't help but marvel at his corner's tremendous athleticism, star power and seemingly endless potential.
"He could really be the Bo Jackson, the two-way player. He is a phenomenal athlete that isn't missing anything," Horton said. "He has the smarts, the will, the desire, the heart, the drive, any adjective you want to throw in there he has."
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials