Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson leaves Ray Horton speechless
Horton was a guest on Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Show Thursday and when asked what his young corner needs to improve on, the Cardinals' DC was rendered speechless.
After a period of silence, Horton discussed why he believes Peterson is such a special and rare breed of talent.
"How do you describe somebody that's smart, that's fast, that's strong, that's big, that has fantastic hands, feet, he has tackling ability, he studies, says the right things, was brought up the right way by his parents?" Horton said. "He is the complete package."
The 22-year-old's play speaks for itself this season. Peterson has emerged as one of the top cornerbacks in the league. The Cardinals' 2011 first round pick has 47 tackles and is tied for second in the NFL with seven interceptions.
The Pro Bowler has also started all 14 games for the Cardinals and has routinely gone up against the top wideouts in the game.
"[The Bears] have a wide receiver that is leading the league in receptions, second in yardage, has 66 more catches than anybody on their team, has seven more touchdowns than anyone on their team," Horton explained. "I see a challenge for [Peterson] and a challenge for the defense to kind of replicate what they did last week."
Peterson's performance of late has garnered rave reviews from the Cardinals' coaching staff. But Horton can't help but marvel at his corner's tremendous athleticism, star power and seemingly endless potential.
"He could really be the Bo Jackson, the two-way player. He is a phenomenal athlete that isn't missing anything," Horton said. "He has the smarts, the will, the desire, the heart, the drive, any adjective you want to throw in there he has."
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.