Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson leaves Ray Horton speechless
Horton was a guest on Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Show Thursday and when asked what his young corner needs to improve on, the Cardinals' DC was rendered speechless.
After a period of silence, Horton discussed why he believes Peterson is such a special and rare breed of talent.
"How do you describe somebody that's smart, that's fast, that's strong, that's big, that has fantastic hands, feet, he has tackling ability, he studies, says the right things, was brought up the right way by his parents?" Horton said. "He is the complete package."
The 22-year-old's play speaks for itself this season. Peterson has emerged as one of the top cornerbacks in the league. The Cardinals' 2011 first round pick has 47 tackles and is tied for second in the NFL with seven interceptions.
The Pro Bowler has also started all 14 games for the Cardinals and has routinely gone up against the top wideouts in the game.
"[The Bears] have a wide receiver that is leading the league in receptions, second in yardage, has 66 more catches than anybody on their team, has seven more touchdowns than anyone on their team," Horton explained. "I see a challenge for [Peterson] and a challenge for the defense to kind of replicate what they did last week."
Peterson's performance of late has garnered rave reviews from the Cardinals' coaching staff. But Horton can't help but marvel at his corner's tremendous athleticism, star power and seemingly endless potential.
"He could really be the Bo Jackson, the two-way player. He is a phenomenal athlete that isn't missing anything," Horton said. "He has the smarts, the will, the desire, the heart, the drive, any adjective you want to throw in there he has."
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals 26th in future power rankings
- Cardinals coach: As of now, Rashard Mendenhall is the starting running back
- Cardinals coach Bruce Arians on Daryl Washington: 'He's walking a very thin line'
- Patriots TE Gronkowski undergoes back surgery
- Cardinals rookie class to be recognized before D-backs game
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br