Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson announced as NFC Pro Bowler
A nice achievement for a rookie, he said he hoped to one day make it back because of his skills covering wide receivers.
Peterson's done exactly that.
It was announced Wednesday that the second-year pro was selected to represent the NFC in the 2013 Pro Bowl.
With one game left to play, Peterson has tallied seven interceptions to go along with 53 tackles. He's been consistently matched up with some of the NFL's best receivers, and at one point had picked off a pass in four consecutive games.
An excited Peterson tweeted his reaction to the news on Wednesday night.
Peterson is the only Arizona player to be selected to the Pro Bowl, while both linebacker Daryl Washington and receiver Larry Fitzgerald have been selected as alternates.
The entirety of the Pro Bowl rosters can be seen here.
- CBS Sports' Pete Prisco: Arizona Cardinals raving about how fast John Brown has picked things up
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson on contract extension: 'I haven't had my reality check just yet'
- The Floyd Factor
- Patrick Peterson becomes highest paid CB, Richard Sherman has something to say (tweet)
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.