Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson announced as NFC Pro Bowler
A nice achievement for a rookie, he said he hoped to one day make it back because of his skills covering wide receivers.
Peterson's done exactly that.
It was announced Wednesday that the second-year pro was selected to represent the NFC in the 2013 Pro Bowl.
With one game left to play, Peterson has tallied seven interceptions to go along with 53 tackles. He's been consistently matched up with some of the NFL's best receivers, and at one point had picked off a pass in four consecutive games.
An excited Peterson tweeted his reaction to the news on Wednesday night.
Peterson is the only Arizona player to be selected to the Pro Bowl, while both linebacker Daryl Washington and receiver Larry Fitzgerald have been selected as alternates.
The entirety of the Pro Bowl rosters can be seen here.
- ESPN's Brock Huard says Seattle Seahawks' vulnerabilities are running game, penalties
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals - Dec. 20
- Double Coverage: Arizona Cardinals vs. Seattle Seahawks
- Marshawn Lynch presents another big challenge for Arizona Cardinals defense
- The biggest story was Carson Palmer, and here's why
- Brock Huard, ESPN Seattle analyst - Friday December 20Huard joins Burns & Gambo to talk about this Sundays Cardinals and Seahwaks game.
- Kurt Warner, former Cardinals QB - Friday December 20Kurt Warner talks about the improving Carson Palmer and the Cards' chances of making the playoffs.
- Wolf's 5 Star Games - Friday December 20Wolf gives his top 5 NFL games for this weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 20Wolf gives factors in the Cardinals upcoming game in Seattle.
- Michael Bidwell, President AZ Cardinals - Friday December 20The AZ Cardinals President discusses the upcoming game in Seattle.