Updated Dec 27, 2012 - 11:03 am
Good riddance, Beanie Wells
You see, after your comments regarding your future -- or lack of future -- in Arizona, I think it is best to cut ties with you now and I can only hope that Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt agrees and sits your ass as an inactive for Sunday's game against the 49ers. You see if all you really want to do is showcase yourself, then you are a selfish player who has no business putting on that Cardinals uniform this weekend.
I would've much rather you taken the blame for your ridiculous fumble that gave Chicago seven points on Sunday, took the blame for another lousy year and that awful 2.7 yards per carry average.
Maybe you should have said how you are looking forward to ending the season on a good note with a win against your division rival. Maybe you should have just taken the high road. But what we get out of your comments is that you really don't care about winning the football game or helping the offense get out of this season-long slump. Nothing about taking some of the load off of Brian Hoyer making his first start as a Cardinal. Nothing about having some pride. No, your comments display just how selfish you really are.
I wish the Cardinals could have been more selfish and asked for some of the money back that you stole from them since you were their first-round pick in 2009. So what did the Cardinals get out of the four years of Beanie Wells -- a lousy 2,471 yards rushing, 24 touchdowns, 10 fumbles and one season in which you were able to play 16 games.
You were so good, Beanie, that the Cardinals had to use a second round pick just two years after drafting you on another running back because you weren't panning out. If you were any good they could have used that pick on other needs -- and trust me, they have plenty of them.
So go take your ball and go home, but be careful not to drop it like you did Sunday.
Oh, and one more thing...don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.