Updated Dec 28, 2012 - 3:23 pm
Report: Ken Whisenhunt to remain in Arizona
While many a report state the franchise is likely to part with its coach of the last six seasons, Yahoo! Sports' Jason Cole believes Whisenhunt will survive his second losing season in three years.
Word around the league is that Detroit's Jim Schwartz, the Arizona Cardinals' Ken Whisenhunt and Chicago's Lovie Smith are all expected to survive for another season. That expectation is based largely on the conservative approach that all three teams have historically taken with firing coaches, particularly when those coaches have money still owed to them.
It's interesting that Cole is not saying the Cardinals will keep Whisenhunt around because they think he is the best option, but instead because the franchise would be reluctant to part with a coach when there is still time left on his contract.
However, we have been led to believe these are not the "same old Cardinals" that we knew back in the day, and if that is the case then it may not prevent the Cardinals from making a move after all.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up