Updated Dec 30, 2012 - 12:27 pm
Report: Cardinals' Jason Licht could become next GM in Jacksonville
However in a 24-hour news cycle, those moves are often announced a few days earlier.
On Sunday, ESPN Insider Adam Schefter tweeted that the Jacksonville Jaguars intend to relieve GM Gene Smith of his duties following Sunday's season finale. Schefter also went on to say that one of Smith's two potential replacements is Jason Licht, the Director of Player Personnel for the Arizona Cardinals.
Licht is currently in his second stint with the Cardinals. In 2008, he served as a personnel executive with the team before leaving for the New England Patriots (2009-11) to take over as their Director of Pro Personnel.
He returned to Arizona in May 2012.
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!