Updated Dec 30, 2012 - 12:27 pm
Report: Cardinals' Jason Licht could become next GM in Jacksonville
However in a 24-hour news cycle, those moves are often announced a few days earlier.
On Sunday, ESPN Insider Adam Schefter tweeted that the Jacksonville Jaguars intend to relieve GM Gene Smith of his duties following Sunday's season finale. Schefter also went on to say that one of Smith's two potential replacements is Jason Licht, the Director of Player Personnel for the Arizona Cardinals.
Licht is currently in his second stint with the Cardinals. In 2008, he served as a personnel executive with the team before leaving for the New England Patriots (2009-11) to take over as their Director of Pro Personnel.
He returned to Arizona in May 2012.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.