Updated Dec 31, 2012 - 12:11 pm
Cardinals fire GM Rod Graves
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the team fired general manager Rod Graves Monday.
Cardinals Gm Rod Graves fired.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) December 31, 2012
Graves has been with the Cardinals organization since 1997 and has held the post of general manager since 2003 when he replaced Bob Ferguson.
Graves was one of six African American general managers in the league before his departure.
This season, the Cardinals became the first team in NFL history to start a season 4-0 and finish 5-11.
Numerous reports indicate that Steve Keim, the Cardinals' vice president of player personnel, is a strong candidate to take over the GM post. Keim has been rumored for other general manager openings, including Cleveland, where the Browns fired Tom Heckert Monday morning.
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington 'physically ready for that pounding' he expects this season
- Reunited with Bruce Arians, Arizona Cardinals tackle Max Starks looking forward to new challenges
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.