Updated Dec 31, 2012 - 12:11 pm
Cardinals fire GM Rod Graves
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the team fired general manager Rod Graves Monday.
Cardinals Gm Rod Graves fired.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) December 31, 2012
Graves has been with the Cardinals organization since 1997 and has held the post of general manager since 2003 when he replaced Bob Ferguson.
Graves was one of six African American general managers in the league before his departure.
This season, the Cardinals became the first team in NFL history to start a season 4-0 and finish 5-11.
Numerous reports indicate that Steve Keim, the Cardinals' vice president of player personnel, is a strong candidate to take over the GM post. Keim has been rumored for other general manager openings, including Cleveland, where the Browns fired Tom Heckert Monday morning.
- Arizona Cardinals begin camp with confidence and optimism
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu takes another step closer to returning to the field
- Cardinals ILB Kevin Minter on trying to replace Karlos Dansby: 'It's going to be like college again'
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.