Updated Dec 31, 2012 - 12:11 pm
Cardinals fire GM Rod Graves
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the team fired general manager Rod Graves Monday.
Cardinals Gm Rod Graves fired.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) December 31, 2012
Graves has been with the Cardinals organization since 1997 and has held the post of general manager since 2003 when he replaced Bob Ferguson.
Graves was one of six African American general managers in the league before his departure.
This season, the Cardinals became the first team in NFL history to start a season 4-0 and finish 5-11.
Numerous reports indicate that Steve Keim, the Cardinals' vice president of player personnel, is a strong candidate to take over the GM post. Keim has been rumored for other general manager openings, including Cleveland, where the Browns fired Tom Heckert Monday morning.
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Arizona Cardinals agree to terms with Oakland Raiders LT Jared Veldheer
- Arizona Cardinals react to Karlos Dansby's departure
- Arizona Cardinals to lose LB Karlos Dansby to Cleveland Browns
- Karlos Dansby attracting many suitors for his services
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?