Updated Dec 31, 2012 - 12:11 pm
Cardinals fire GM Rod Graves
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the team fired general manager Rod Graves Monday.
Cardinals Gm Rod Graves fired.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) December 31, 2012
Graves has been with the Cardinals organization since 1997 and has held the post of general manager since 2003 when he replaced Bob Ferguson.
Graves was one of six African American general managers in the league before his departure.
This season, the Cardinals became the first team in NFL history to start a season 4-0 and finish 5-11.
Numerous reports indicate that Steve Keim, the Cardinals' vice president of player personnel, is a strong candidate to take over the GM post. Keim has been rumored for other general manager openings, including Cleveland, where the Browns fired Tom Heckert Monday morning.
- Arizona Cardinals begin to move on without Darnell Dockett
- Forbes: Arizona Cardinals are NFL's 25th-most valuable team
- Larry Fitzgerald taking things on a year-to-year basis, not worried about future with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.