Updated Dec 31, 2012 - 2:20 pm
Cardinals ask permission to interview Denver's Mike McCoy
The Cardinals, along with the Chicago Bears, have asked for permission to interview Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy for the vacant position.
McCoy, 40, has spent 13 seasons as an NFL assistant, including the last four as the architect of the Denver Broncos' offense. This season, with Peyton Manning at the controls, the Broncos ranked fourth in the NFL in total offense (397.9 yards per game) and second in points per game (30.1). Denver is riding an 11-game winning streak heading into the postseason as the AFC's top seed.
But maybe more impressively, McCoy helped Denver to the playoffs last season with Tim Tebow at quarterback. McCoy helped devise a system to take advantage of Tebow's skill set and the team rebounded from a 2-5 start to go 8-8, win the AFC West, and defeat the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Wild Card round of the playoffs.
According to Schefter's report, McCoy will interview with the Cardinals this weekend, as Denver has a bye week for the first round of the postseason.
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.