Arizona Cardinals will interview Andy Reid
At a Monday press conference, Cardinals president Michael Bidwill confirmed three candidates that will be interviewed for the head coaching position: Arizona defensive coordinator Ray Horton, Denver offensive coordinator Mike McCoy and former Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid, who was also fired Monday morning.
The news of McCoy's interview was broken earlier in the day by ESPN's Adam Schefter.
"We've reached out to Mike McCoy and I'll be speaking to him in the next several days," Bidwill said. "I've also reached out and gotten permission to speak with Andy Reid, so we'll be speaking to Coach Reid in the next few days as well."
Reid coached 14 years in Philadelphia, racking up a .583 winning percentage, guiding the Eagles to five NFC Championship games and one trip to the Super Bowl.
But after the Eagles spent big money in free agency prior to the 2011 season, expectations galore were heaped on the team and they failed to respond. Philly went 12-20 over the next two seasons which led to Reid's departure.
Bidwill failed to give any other names that are being considered by the Cardinals at this point.
"There will be further updates, I'm sure, as we get through the next couple days. We are dealing with the holiday and some of the other limitations such as playoffs and things along those lines," Bidwill said.
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br