Updated Dec 31, 2012 - 4:55 pm
Arizona Cardinals will interview Andy Reid
At a Monday press conference, Cardinals president Michael Bidwill confirmed three candidates that will be interviewed for the head coaching position: Arizona defensive coordinator Ray Horton, Denver offensive coordinator Mike McCoy and former Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid, who was also fired Monday morning.
The news of McCoy's interview was broken earlier in the day by ESPN's Adam Schefter.
"We've reached out to Mike McCoy and I'll be speaking to him in the next several days," Bidwill said. "I've also reached out and gotten permission to speak with Andy Reid, so we'll be speaking to Coach Reid in the next few days as well."
Reid coached 14 years in Philadelphia, racking up a .583 winning percentage, guiding the Eagles to five NFC Championship games and one trip to the Super Bowl.
But after the Eagles spent big money in free agency prior to the 2011 season, expectations galore were heaped on the team and they failed to respond. Philly went 12-20 over the next two seasons which led to Reid's departure.
Bidwill failed to give any other names that are being considered by the Cardinals at this point.
"There will be further updates, I'm sure, as we get through the next couple days. We are dealing with the holiday and some of the other limitations such as playoffs and things along those lines," Bidwill said.
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.
- House of Cards Camp Awards - Friday August 22Doug & Wolf announce the winners of the 2014 House of Cards Camp Awards.
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.