Updated Dec 31, 2012 - 8:54 pm
Report: Three teams set to interview Ray Horton for head coaching vacancy
The interest makes plenty of sense, after all, Arizona's defense under Horton in 2012 was near the top of the league in passing defense and turnovers forced.
Seven NFL teams on "Black Monday" fired their respective head coaches, including the Arizona Cardinals, and Horton's name has been linked to several of them.
Monday night, CBS NFL Insider Jason La Canfora tweeted this about Horton's potential suitors:
Cards defensive coordinator Ray Horton will interview with the Bills, Browns and, well, the Cards. 3 teams so far— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 1, 2013
The Bills have a connection to Horton, in that Director of Pro Personnel Doug Whaley spent considerable time with him in Pittsburgh. While the Browns have no direct ties to Arizona's defensive coordinator, Horton proved he can help shut down AFC North offenses as an assistant defensive coordinator to Dick LeBeau with the Steelers.
He also has NFL experience in the division, as he spent six seasons as a cornerback with the Cincinnati Bengals (1983-1988).
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up