Updated Jan 1, 2013 - 2:25 pm
NFL Insider: Andy Reid 'expected' to land in Arizona
There has been much speculation about who will take over the head coaching reins of the Arizona Cardinals.
One name that has been linked frequently to the Cardinals is former Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid.
CBS NFL Insider Jason La Canfora tweeted he expects Reid to wind up in Arizona.
I'm getting the sense more and more than Kelly stays at Oregon, but we shall see. Also expect Andy Reid to end up with the Cards job— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 1, 2013
It has been reported that Reid will interview with Cardinals' brass about the head coaching vacancy.
The veteran coach was a mainstay on the sidelines in Philadelphia for 14 seasons and led the Eagles to five NFC Championship games and one Super Bowl appearance.
In recent years, Reid failed to meet the Eagles' hefty expectations and was unable to get high-priced free agents to perform. Philadelphia went a disappointing 12-20 over the past two seasons, sealing the acclaimed coach's fate.
Reid is expected to be a sought-after coach this offseason but he could be enticed to join the Cardinals, who already have a championship-caliber defense in place.
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.