Updated Jan 2, 2013 - 10:05 am
Report has Penn State's Bill O'Brien on Cardinals list of candidates
Originally published: Jan 2, 2013 - 7:51 am
The list of candidates for the Arizona Cardinals head coaching job now includes a college coach.
According to PennLive.com the Cardinals are one of three teams that plan to interview Penn State's Bill O'Brien.
O'Brien went 8-4 in his first season as the coach in Happy Valley.
Before taking over the Penn State program, O'Brien had been the offensive coordinator for the New England Patriots. Should he leave the Nittany Lions for the NFL, the team that hires him will owe the school a $9.2 million buyout, according to ESPN's Darren Rovell.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.