Updated Jan 2, 2013 - 7:33 pm
Ray Horton: Interviews with Cardinals, Browns and Bills have gone well
Thought to be a likely candidate to replace Ken Whisenhunt in Arizona, Horton has already twice interviewed with Cardinals president Michael Bidwill as well as the Cleveland Browns and Buffalo Bills.
And, as Arizona Sports 620's Kyndra de St. Aubin is reporting, all three interviews went well.
Horton thought interview w/ Cards went really well & felt he didnt say anything or do anything 2 lose job— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) January 2, 2013
Horton thought interview w/ Browns went extremely well-they called his agent after interview & said it was outstanding— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) January 2, 2013
Horton says interview with Bills also went really well. Rapid fire question & answer session. Felt good about it.— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) January 3, 2013
St. Aubin also tweeted Horton has not yet heard from two other prominent teams that are in search of a new head coach.
As of Wednesday evening Horton has still not heard from his agent about SD or Chiefs.— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) January 3, 2013
Horton interviewed for the St. Louis Rams vacancy last season, with the team brass apparently leaving very impressed. While he has been a coordinator for just two seasons, many believe he is ready to take over a team.
Monday, before news of Whisenhunt's dismissal was made public, some Cardinals players expressed hope Horton would not be leaving for a job somewhere else.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.