Updated Jan 2, 2013 - 7:33 pm
Ray Horton: Interviews with Cardinals, Browns and Bills have gone well
Thought to be a likely candidate to replace Ken Whisenhunt in Arizona, Horton has already twice interviewed with Cardinals president Michael Bidwill as well as the Cleveland Browns and Buffalo Bills.
And, as Arizona Sports 620's Kyndra de St. Aubin is reporting, all three interviews went well.
Horton thought interview w/ Cards went really well & felt he didnt say anything or do anything 2 lose job— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) January 2, 2013
Horton thought interview w/ Browns went extremely well-they called his agent after interview & said it was outstanding— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) January 2, 2013
Horton says interview with Bills also went really well. Rapid fire question & answer session. Felt good about it.— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) January 3, 2013
St. Aubin also tweeted Horton has not yet heard from two other prominent teams that are in search of a new head coach.
As of Wednesday evening Horton has still not heard from his agent about SD or Chiefs.— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) January 3, 2013
Horton interviewed for the St. Louis Rams vacancy last season, with the team brass apparently leaving very impressed. While he has been a coordinator for just two seasons, many believe he is ready to take over a team.
Monday, before news of Whisenhunt's dismissal was made public, some Cardinals players expressed hope Horton would not be leaving for a job somewhere else.
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington 'physically ready for that pounding' he expects this season
- Reunited with Bruce Arians, Arizona Cardinals tackle Max Starks looking forward to new challenges
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.