Updated Jan 2, 2013 - 3:04 pm
Report: Former Bears coach Lovie Smith interested in Cardinals job
Andy Reid, Ray Horton and Mike McCoy either have or are scheduled to interview with the team, and Bill O'Brien has also been rumored to be a candidate.
One name that has not been brought up is that of former Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith, though apparently not due to a lack of interest from the coach himself.
"Lovie Smith is targeting two places I'm told with strong defensive personnel," NFL.com's Ian Rappaport said on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" Monday night. "One is Buffalo, I think that'd be an option, and Lovie Smith is also very interested in the Arizona Cardinals.
"Another team with a fierce defensive personality, and of course, more quarterback questions."
Smith was let go by the Bears after the team posted a 10-6 record this season. They missed the playoffs after starting the season, which likely prompted the move. Smith spent nine seasons in the Windy City, posting an 81-63 mark. The Bears won the NFC North three times and represented the NFC in Super Bowl XLI.
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.