Updated Jan 2, 2013 - 3:04 pm
Report: Former Bears coach Lovie Smith interested in Cardinals job
Andy Reid, Ray Horton and Mike McCoy either have or are scheduled to interview with the team, and Bill O'Brien has also been rumored to be a candidate.
One name that has not been brought up is that of former Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith, though apparently not due to a lack of interest from the coach himself.
"Lovie Smith is targeting two places I'm told with strong defensive personnel," NFL.com's Ian Rappaport said on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" Monday night. "One is Buffalo, I think that'd be an option, and Lovie Smith is also very interested in the Arizona Cardinals.
"Another team with a fierce defensive personality, and of course, more quarterback questions."
Smith was let go by the Bears after the team posted a 10-6 record this season. They missed the playoffs after starting the season, which likely prompted the move. Smith spent nine seasons in the Windy City, posting an 81-63 mark. The Bears won the NFC North three times and represented the NFC in Super Bowl XLI.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals new left tackle - Wednesday March 12Jared Veldheer discusses his recent signing with the Cardinals.
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.