Report: Former Bears coach Lovie Smith interested in Cardinals job
Andy Reid, Ray Horton and Mike McCoy either have or are scheduled to interview with the team, and Bill O'Brien has also been rumored to be a candidate.
One name that has not been brought up is that of former Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith, though apparently not due to a lack of interest from the coach himself.
"Lovie Smith is targeting two places I'm told with strong defensive personnel," NFL.com's Ian Rappaport said on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" Monday night. "One is Buffalo, I think that'd be an option, and Lovie Smith is also very interested in the Arizona Cardinals.
"Another team with a fierce defensive personality, and of course, more quarterback questions."
Smith was let go by the Bears after the team posted a 10-6 record this season. They missed the playoffs after starting the season, which likely prompted the move. Smith spent nine seasons in the Windy City, posting an 81-63 mark. The Bears won the NFC North three times and represented the NFC in Super Bowl XLI.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.