Updated Jan 2, 2013 - 3:04 pm
Report: Former Bears coach Lovie Smith interested in Cardinals job
Andy Reid, Ray Horton and Mike McCoy either have or are scheduled to interview with the team, and Bill O'Brien has also been rumored to be a candidate.
One name that has not been brought up is that of former Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith, though apparently not due to a lack of interest from the coach himself.
"Lovie Smith is targeting two places I'm told with strong defensive personnel," NFL.com's Ian Rappaport said on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" Monday night. "One is Buffalo, I think that'd be an option, and Lovie Smith is also very interested in the Arizona Cardinals.
"Another team with a fierce defensive personality, and of course, more quarterback questions."
Smith was let go by the Bears after the team posted a 10-6 record this season. They missed the playoffs after starting the season, which likely prompted the move. Smith spent nine seasons in the Windy City, posting an 81-63 mark. The Bears won the NFC North three times and represented the NFC in Super Bowl XLI.
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.