Updated Jan 3, 2013 - 9:26 am
Cardinals ask Steelers for permission to interview Todd Haley
Originally published: Jan 3, 2013 - 9:09 am
The Arizona Cardinals have put a familiar face on their list of coaching candidates.
Multiple reports say the Cardinals have asked the Pittsburgh Steelers' permission to interview offensive coordinator Todd Haley.
Haley called plays for the Cardinals during their Super Bowl run in 2008-09.
The Cardinals have in fact formally asked for permission from the Steelers to interview Todd Haley— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 3, 2013
Haley left the Cardinals to become the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs and was there for nearly three years.
The Cardinals interviewed defensive coordinator Ray Horton early in the week, are expected to interview Andy Reid on Thursday, although it looks like Kansas City is trying to not let that happen.
They have also set up an interview with Denver offensive coordinator Mike McCoy this weekend.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.