Updated Jan 3, 2013 - 9:26 am
Cardinals ask Steelers for permission to interview Todd Haley
Originally published: Jan 3, 2013 - 9:09 am
The Arizona Cardinals have put a familiar face on their list of coaching candidates.
Multiple reports say the Cardinals have asked the Pittsburgh Steelers' permission to interview offensive coordinator Todd Haley.
Haley called plays for the Cardinals during their Super Bowl run in 2008-09.
The Cardinals have in fact formally asked for permission from the Steelers to interview Todd Haley— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 3, 2013
Haley left the Cardinals to become the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs and was there for nearly three years.
The Cardinals interviewed defensive coordinator Ray Horton early in the week, are expected to interview Andy Reid on Thursday, although it looks like Kansas City is trying to not let that happen.
They have also set up an interview with Denver offensive coordinator Mike McCoy this weekend.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham's three-sack day puts him in historic company
- Larry Fitzgerald's big day leads Arizona Cardinals to win over St. Louis Rams
- Karlos Dansby continues happy homecoming with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' quarterback Carson Palmer shines in win over St. Louis Rams
- Arizona Cardinals fear Tyrann Mathieu suffered ACL injury in win over Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?