Updated Jan 3, 2013 - 9:26 am
Cardinals ask Steelers for permission to interview Todd Haley
Originally published: Jan 3, 2013 - 9:09 am
The Arizona Cardinals have put a familiar face on their list of coaching candidates.
Multiple reports say the Cardinals have asked the Pittsburgh Steelers' permission to interview offensive coordinator Todd Haley.
Haley called plays for the Cardinals during their Super Bowl run in 2008-09.
The Cardinals have in fact formally asked for permission from the Steelers to interview Todd Haley— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 3, 2013
Haley left the Cardinals to become the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs and was there for nearly three years.
The Cardinals interviewed defensive coordinator Ray Horton early in the week, are expected to interview Andy Reid on Thursday, although it looks like Kansas City is trying to not let that happen.
They have also set up an interview with Denver offensive coordinator Mike McCoy this weekend.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.