Updated Jan 3, 2013 - 11:10 am
Report: Andy Reid to Kansas City Chiefs 'imminent'
According to CBS Sports NFL insider Jason La Canfora, the former Eagles coach is set to become the boss in Kansas City.
A deal between the Chiefs and Andy Reid is not imminent following latest meetings. expect sweeping changes and announcement likely today...— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 3, 2013
La Canfora meant to say it was "now imminent", which he tweeted out shortly after.
Reid will not be traveling to San Diego or Arizona. Issues of staff and structure were hashed out today.— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 3, 2013
It's a somewhat stunning turn of events if only for the fact that as of Tuesday it was being reported that Reid was all but certain to be taking the Arizona job. However, the most high-profile coach on the market reportedly had a good interview with the Chiefs Wednesday, and decided to cancel scheduled visits to Arizona and San Diego.
Though Reid may (or may not) have been their top choice, the Cardinals can now turn their attention to current defensive coordinator Ray Horton, who they have interviewed twice already, Denver offensive coordinator Mike McCoy, who they are scheduled to chat with this weekend, and Pittsburgh offensive coordinator Todd Haley, who the Cardinals have asked for permission to talk to.
No matter where they go, Arizona Sports 620's Kyndra de St. Aubin is reporting the Cardinals will not be conducting interviews Thursday.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.