Updated Jan 4, 2013 - 8:25 am
Report: Haley has yet to agree to interview with Cardinals
Originally published: Jan 4, 2013 - 8:22 am
Despite receiving permission to interview Todd Haley, the Cardinals have not talked with him yet, according to an ESPN report.
Is there a chance Haley, Pittsburgh's offensive coordinator, wouldn't agree to the interview?
ESPN's Ed Werder tweeted Friday morning:
"Steelers OC Todd Haley has not yet agreed to interview for Cardinals HC job and proceeding cautiously because he loves working for Steelers."
Haley, a former Cardinals offensive coordinator and NFL head coach, just finished his first year in Pittsburgh. They struggled down the stretch and missed the playoffs.
The Cardinals might not be a coach's ideal job, but it's hard to believe someone wouldn't even listen if it was a chance to be the head guy.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.