Updated Jan 4, 2013 - 8:25 am
Report: Haley has yet to agree to interview with Cardinals
Originally published: Jan 4, 2013 - 8:22 am
Despite receiving permission to interview Todd Haley, the Cardinals have not talked with him yet, according to an ESPN report.
Is there a chance Haley, Pittsburgh's offensive coordinator, wouldn't agree to the interview?
ESPN's Ed Werder tweeted Friday morning:
"Steelers OC Todd Haley has not yet agreed to interview for Cardinals HC job and proceeding cautiously because he loves working for Steelers."
Haley, a former Cardinals offensive coordinator and NFL head coach, just finished his first year in Pittsburgh. They struggled down the stretch and missed the playoffs.
The Cardinals might not be a coach's ideal job, but it's hard to believe someone wouldn't even listen if it was a chance to be the head guy.
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.