Updated Jan 4, 2013 - 12:23 pm
ESPN insider: Mike McCoy is ready to be a head coach
The team, which has already interviewed defensive coordinator Ray Horton and reached out to Pittsburgh offensive coordinator Todd Haley, has an interview scheduled Saturday with Denver offensive coordinator Mike McCoy.
McCoy, ESPN NFL insider John Clayton told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf, is ready to be a head coach.
"He's the hottest of all the assistant coaches, I don't think there's any doubt about that," he said.
McCoy, 50, was a finalist for the Miami job last offseason. He has been with the Broncos for four seasons after spending the previous nine on the Carolina Panthers staff. But it's his work with the Broncos that has garnered him the most attention.
Having led offenses run by Tim Tebow and Peyton Manning -- quarterbacks who could not be more different -- to the playoffs, McCoy appears to have a knack for getting the most out of the talent he has to work with.
"He not only deserves a head coaching job, but also too, I think, probably the Nobel Prize."
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.