ESPN insider: Mike McCoy is ready to be a head coach
The team, which has already interviewed defensive coordinator Ray Horton and reached out to Pittsburgh offensive coordinator Todd Haley, has an interview scheduled Saturday with Denver offensive coordinator Mike McCoy.
McCoy, ESPN NFL insider John Clayton told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf, is ready to be a head coach.
"He's the hottest of all the assistant coaches, I don't think there's any doubt about that," he said.
McCoy, 50, was a finalist for the Miami job last offseason. He has been with the Broncos for four seasons after spending the previous nine on the Carolina Panthers staff. But it's his work with the Broncos that has garnered him the most attention.
Having led offenses run by Tim Tebow and Peyton Manning -- quarterbacks who could not be more different -- to the playoffs, McCoy appears to have a knack for getting the most out of the talent he has to work with.
"He not only deserves a head coaching job, but also too, I think, probably the Nobel Prize."
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.