Updated Jan 4, 2013 - 12:23 pm
ESPN insider: Mike McCoy is ready to be a head coach
The team, which has already interviewed defensive coordinator Ray Horton and reached out to Pittsburgh offensive coordinator Todd Haley, has an interview scheduled Saturday with Denver offensive coordinator Mike McCoy.
McCoy, ESPN NFL insider John Clayton told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf, is ready to be a head coach.
"He's the hottest of all the assistant coaches, I don't think there's any doubt about that," he said.
McCoy, 50, was a finalist for the Miami job last offseason. He has been with the Broncos for four seasons after spending the previous nine on the Carolina Panthers staff. But it's his work with the Broncos that has garnered him the most attention.
Having led offenses run by Tim Tebow and Peyton Manning -- quarterbacks who could not be more different -- to the playoffs, McCoy appears to have a knack for getting the most out of the talent he has to work with.
"He not only deserves a head coaching job, but also too, I think, probably the Nobel Prize."
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Kenny Demens making plays while looking to make Arizona Cardinals roster
- Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson ‘earned' right to be highest-paid CB
- CBS Sports' Pete Prisco: Arizona Cardinals raving about how fast John Brown has picked things up
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.