Updated Jan 8, 2013 - 11:43 am
Report: Cardinals negotiating with Keim for GM spot
Rod Graves, who had been with the organization since 1997, was fired the same day as former head coach Ken Whisenhunt.
Last week, the team met with Morocco Brown, the director of player personnel for the Washington Redskins about the post, but other than that, the rumor mill has been pretty stagnant.
Tuesday morning, Albert Breer of NFL Network reported that the Cardinals appear to be zeroing in on an in-house candidate.
Arizona VP of player personnel Steve Keim has entered into negotiations to become the Cardinals' next GM. Also a finalist in Jacksonville.— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) January 8, 2013
Keim, Arizona's vice president of player personnel, has been with the organization since 1999 and, as Breer mentions, is a candidate for other general manager openings around the league. In fact, Breer reported Monday that Keim, along with Atlanta Falcons director of player personnel David Caldwell were the favorites for Jacksonville's GM job.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi - Friday March 14Steve Smith sounds off
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday March 14How well have the Cardinals done in free agency?
- Karlos Dansby, Cleveland Browns linebacker - Wednesday March 12Cleveland Browns linebacker and former Arizona Cardinal Karlos Dansby discusses his signing with the
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Wednesday March 12Mark Schlereth of ESPN reacts to the early signings during NFL free agency.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals new left tackle - Wednesday March 12Jared Veldheer discusses his recent signing with the Cardinals.