Updated Jan 8, 2013 - 11:43 am
Report: Cardinals negotiating with Keim for GM spot
Rod Graves, who had been with the organization since 1997, was fired the same day as former head coach Ken Whisenhunt.
Last week, the team met with Morocco Brown, the director of player personnel for the Washington Redskins about the post, but other than that, the rumor mill has been pretty stagnant.
Tuesday morning, Albert Breer of NFL Network reported that the Cardinals appear to be zeroing in on an in-house candidate.
Arizona VP of player personnel Steve Keim has entered into negotiations to become the Cardinals' next GM. Also a finalist in Jacksonville.— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) January 8, 2013
Keim, Arizona's vice president of player personnel, has been with the organization since 1999 and, as Breer mentions, is a candidate for other general manager openings around the league. In fact, Breer reported Monday that Keim, along with Atlanta Falcons director of player personnel David Caldwell were the favorites for Jacksonville's GM job.
- Rashard Mendenhall to retire, teams told
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!