Report: Cardinals negotiating with Keim for GM spot
Rod Graves, who had been with the organization since 1997, was fired the same day as former head coach Ken Whisenhunt.
Last week, the team met with Morocco Brown, the director of player personnel for the Washington Redskins about the post, but other than that, the rumor mill has been pretty stagnant.
Tuesday morning, Albert Breer of NFL Network reported that the Cardinals appear to be zeroing in on an in-house candidate.
Arizona VP of player personnel Steve Keim has entered into negotiations to become the Cardinals' next GM. Also a finalist in Jacksonville.— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) January 8, 2013
Keim, Arizona's vice president of player personnel, has been with the organization since 1999 and, as Breer mentions, is a candidate for other general manager openings around the league. In fact, Breer reported Monday that Keim, along with Atlanta Falcons director of player personnel David Caldwell were the favorites for Jacksonville's GM job.
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals 26th in future power rankings
- Cardinals coach: As of now, Rashard Mendenhall is the starting running back
- Cardinals coach Bruce Arians on Daryl Washington: 'He's walking a very thin line'
- Patriots TE Gronkowski undergoes back surgery
- Cardinals rookie class to be recognized before D-backs game
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br