Updated Jan 8, 2013 - 11:43 am
Report: Cardinals negotiating with Keim for GM spot
Rod Graves, who had been with the organization since 1997, was fired the same day as former head coach Ken Whisenhunt.
Last week, the team met with Morocco Brown, the director of player personnel for the Washington Redskins about the post, but other than that, the rumor mill has been pretty stagnant.
Tuesday morning, Albert Breer of NFL Network reported that the Cardinals appear to be zeroing in on an in-house candidate.
Arizona VP of player personnel Steve Keim has entered into negotiations to become the Cardinals' next GM. Also a finalist in Jacksonville.— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) January 8, 2013
Keim, Arizona's vice president of player personnel, has been with the organization since 1999 and, as Breer mentions, is a candidate for other general manager openings around the league. In fact, Breer reported Monday that Keim, along with Atlanta Falcons director of player personnel David Caldwell were the favorites for Jacksonville's GM job.
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.