Updated Jan 8, 2013 - 10:13 pm
Former Cardinals QB Kurt Warner weighs in on Keim, head coaching search
The Arizona Cardinals hired their new general manager on Tuesday, promoting vice president of player personnel Steve Keim.
Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Show Tuesday he expected to see Keim take over the GM reins.
"I wasn't surprised at all," Warner said. "I know they did their due diligence and reached out and looked some other places but [Keim]'s done a great job for them. I know everybody there really likes what he's done."
Keim has been with the Cardinals since 1999 in a variety of roles including scout, director of college scouting and director of player personnel.
Warner felt team brass had "high regard for what he's done and what he's brought to the organization" and feel confident he will thrive in his new role.
"I think they knew and just kind of had that holding there and were going to check other people out but always knew he was going to be a viable guy for that position because of what he's done," Warner said.
While the Cardinals now have their new general manager, they still remain without a head coach. The team has interviewed defensive coordinator Ray Horton, Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy and have a meeting scheduled with Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden on Thursday.
Warner was mum on who he thinks should win the job but did say it's hard to tell which coaches will be successful in the NFL.
"There's a lot of guys out there whether it's college ranks or in the pros that probably could be great head coaches," Warner explained. "I don't think you ever really know that until they are in the position so I can only speak to guys that I know personally that have been head coaches and how they've handled those situations more so than somebody you're taking a shot on."
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Arizona Cardinals RB Stepfan Taylor 'expecting more of a role' in 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Carson Chats - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals rookie John Brown continues to impress while ignoring the hype
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b