Updated Jan 9, 2013 - 1:18 pm
Conflicting reports on Todd Haley's future
Wednesday morning, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com reported that the Arizona Cardinals had requested to interview Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley for their head coaching job, but Haley was happy with his job, and didn't want to go anywhere else.
Hours later, Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette tweeted this:
Rapoport also tweeted a quote from Haley's agent, Jerome Stanley.
From Jerome Stanley, Todd Haley's agent: "The report is wrong. I stand by my statement. Period. You can report that!" Saying no interview— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 9, 2013
And then had a short commentary on Bouchette's report.
So, which is it? There has been no comment from any Cardinals personnel.
Arizona has been seeking a head coach since December 31, when they fired Ken Whisenhunt following a 5-11 season.
Haley served as the Cardinals offensive coordinator from 2007 to 2008.
Defensive coordinator Ray Horton has interviewed for the job, as has Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy. Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden is scheduled to be interviewed later this week.
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington 'physically ready for that pounding' he expects this season
- Reunited with Bruce Arians, Arizona Cardinals tackle Max Starks looking forward to new challenges
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.