Updated Jan 9, 2013 - 1:18 pm
Conflicting reports on Todd Haley's future
Wednesday morning, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com reported that the Arizona Cardinals had requested to interview Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley for their head coaching job, but Haley was happy with his job, and didn't want to go anywhere else.
Hours later, Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette tweeted this:
Rapoport also tweeted a quote from Haley's agent, Jerome Stanley.
From Jerome Stanley, Todd Haley's agent: "The report is wrong. I stand by my statement. Period. You can report that!" Saying no interview— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 9, 2013
And then had a short commentary on Bouchette's report.
So, which is it? There has been no comment from any Cardinals personnel.
Arizona has been seeking a head coach since December 31, when they fired Ken Whisenhunt following a 5-11 season.
Haley served as the Cardinals offensive coordinator from 2007 to 2008.
Defensive coordinator Ray Horton has interviewed for the job, as has Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy. Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden is scheduled to be interviewed later this week.
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.