Updated Jan 9, 2013 - 5:18 pm
Herm Edwards: Larry Fitzgerald's career is wasting away
Edwards, who coached the New York Jets for five seasons and the Kansas City Chiefs for three, has seen some talented players.
Needless to say, he views Arizona Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald as one of the game's best.
"I say this every Sunday, how good is this guy," Edwards told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday. "He's a pro's pro.
"This poor guy, Larry Fitzgerald, sits there every week. You can't get him the ball, it's unbelievable."
Fitzgerald finished the 2012 campaign with 71 catches for just 798 yards and a career-low four touchdowns. It was a down year for Arizona's offense in general, the problems for which can be traced directly to one position.
"It's hard to watch."
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?