Updated Jan 14, 2013 - 10:21 am
Report: Cardinals want Mike McCoy in for second interview
McCoy, who is arguably the hottest name on the market with regards to becoming some team's next head coach, has already interviewed with the Cardinals, Bears and Eagles, and is scheduled to meet with the Charges Monday.
According to FOX NFL insider Jay Glazer, the Cards want to chat with him again Tuesday.
Chargers interviewing Broncos' Mike McCoy today and Cards now want to bring McCoy back in for 2nd interview tomorrow— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) January 14, 2013
Last week ESPN NFL insider John Clayton said McCoy was the "leader in the clubhouse" for the Arizona job, and the fact that they want him for a second interview would lend credibility to that claim.
However, with other teams at least interested in the coach -- most of which have better quarterbacks than the Cardinals have to offer -- their chances of landing him remain very much up in the air.
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington 'physically ready for that pounding' he expects this season
- Reunited with Bruce Arians, Arizona Cardinals tackle Max Starks looking forward to new challenges
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.