Updated Jan 15, 2013 - 8:13 am
Report: Broncos OC McCoy to become Chargers head coach
Reports on Monday indicated that the Arizona Cardinals wanted to interview Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy for a second time.
Not so fast.
It appears the Cardinals will not get a second chance to talk with McCoy.
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Tuesday the San Diego Chargers, who spoke with McCoy for the first time the previous day, are about to finalize a deal with the coach.
Chargers are nearing a deal to make Mike McCoy their head coach. Looks like it will be finalized today. More ahead @cbssports— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 15, 2013
McCoy was the only known interview for the Cardinals this week.
As the Cardinals' coaching search enters week three, the team has talked with McCoy, defensive coordinator Ray Horton, Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden and unofficially, Todd Haley, whom the Pittsburgh Steelers said the Cardinals were interviewing.
Gruden, Haley and Horton are all still on the market for a head coaching job.
- Rashard Mendenhall to retire, teams told
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!