Report: New Cardinals GM Keim lowest-paid in NFL
Keim, who had been Arizona's vice president of player personnel, is highly-regarded in NFL circles and viewed as a quality hire for Cardinals president Michael Bidwill.
And if a ProFootballTalk report is to be believed, Bidwill landed Keim on the cheap.
Rumors are making the rounds that Steve Keim will be making roughly $750,000 as the Cardinals' new G.M., which would make him the lowest-paid General Manager in the league.
As far as reporting goes, ProFootballTalk is right about as often as it's wrong. The idea that Keim is being paid less than any other GM would fit with the idea that Bidwill is conducting his searches -- for GM and possibly coach -- with an eye on the bottom one, which is an assertion that has little backing to go off.
And, as was reported Wednesday, ProFootballTalk appears to be wrong on this one.
League source: Reports that #Cardinals Steve Keim is NFL's lowest paid GM are incorrect, as is his reported salary (750K). Makes > than $1M.— Craig Morgan (@cmorgancbsfoxaz) January 16, 2013
So there you go. Nothing to see here.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Arizona Cardinals sign wide receiver/kick returner Reggie Dunn
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday July 25ESPN NFL Insider John Clayton talks about Marshawn Lynch’s impending holdout.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?