Report: New Cardinals GM Keim lowest-paid in NFL
Keim, who had been Arizona's vice president of player personnel, is highly-regarded in NFL circles and viewed as a quality hire for Cardinals president Michael Bidwill.
And if a ProFootballTalk report is to be believed, Bidwill landed Keim on the cheap.
Rumors are making the rounds that Steve Keim will be making roughly $750,000 as the Cardinals' new G.M., which would make him the lowest-paid General Manager in the league.
As far as reporting goes, ProFootballTalk is right about as often as it's wrong. The idea that Keim is being paid less than any other GM would fit with the idea that Bidwill is conducting his searches -- for GM and possibly coach -- with an eye on the bottom one, which is an assertion that has little backing to go off.
And, as was reported Wednesday, ProFootballTalk appears to be wrong on this one.
League source: Reports that #Cardinals Steve Keim is NFL's lowest paid GM are incorrect, as is his reported salary (750K). Makes > than $1M.— Craig Morgan (@cmorgancbsfoxaz) January 16, 2013
So there you go. Nothing to see here.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.