Report: New Cardinals GM Keim lowest-paid in NFL
Keim, who had been Arizona's vice president of player personnel, is highly-regarded in NFL circles and viewed as a quality hire for Cardinals president Michael Bidwill.
And if a ProFootballTalk report is to be believed, Bidwill landed Keim on the cheap.
Rumors are making the rounds that Steve Keim will be making roughly $750,000 as the Cardinals' new G.M., which would make him the lowest-paid General Manager in the league.
As far as reporting goes, ProFootballTalk is right about as often as it's wrong. The idea that Keim is being paid less than any other GM would fit with the idea that Bidwill is conducting his searches -- for GM and possibly coach -- with an eye on the bottom one, which is an assertion that has little backing to go off.
And, as was reported Wednesday, ProFootballTalk appears to be wrong on this one.
League source: Reports that #Cardinals Steve Keim is NFL's lowest paid GM are incorrect, as is his reported salary (750K). Makes > than $1M.— Craig Morgan (@cmorgancbsfoxaz) January 16, 2013
So there you go. Nothing to see here.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.
- Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals GM - Monday July 28Cardinals GM Steve Keim talks about player evaluation during training camp.
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi