Report: Cardinals set to interview Seahawks coordinator Darrell Bevell
According to NFL.com insider Ian Rapoport, the team has interest in Seattle Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell.
Bevell would be just the latest in a growing list of offensive-minded coaches the Cardinals are looking at to replace the fired Ken Whisenhunt.
#Cardinals are set to interview Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell, I'm told.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 15, 2013
Bevell, 42, has been Seattle's offensive coordinator for the last two seasons. Prior to heading northwest he held the same position with the Minnesota Vikings.
The Seahawks have been an excellent running team in Bevell's two seasons, and this past year made it to the second round of the playoffs with rookie quarterback Russell Wilson under center.
Bevell, who is a 1988 graduate of Chaparral High School in the Valley, has already interviewed with the Chicago Bears, and may be chatting with the Jacksonville Jaguars as well.
Thus far the Cardinals have spoken with the aforementioned McCoy, as well as Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden and Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley, as well as current Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton.
A look at how the Cardinals' coaching search has unfolded can be viewed in this timeline.
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?