Report: Cardinals request permission to speak with Bruce Arians
According to NFL.com insider Ian Rapoport reported the team has requested permission to speak with Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians.
Arians, 60, spent just one season with the Colts, but prior to that he was the Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator for five seasons.
Arians' initial season with the Colts was rather eventful, as not only did he tutor rookie quarterback Andrew Luck, but he was the team's interim head coach for 12 games while head coach Chuck Pagano recovered from leukemia. He guided the team to a 9-3 mark while in charge, and the Colts ultimately reached the playoffs.
Unfortunately for Arians, though, he missed the playoff game due to being hospitalized with a virus.
Rapaport has also reported the Cardinals are set to interview Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, and the team has already spoken with Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley, Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden and Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Arizona Cardinals sign DT Tommy Kelly
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.