Report: Cardinals request permission to speak with Bruce Arians
According to NFL.com insider Ian Rapoport reported the team has requested permission to speak with Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians.
Arians, 60, spent just one season with the Colts, but prior to that he was the Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator for five seasons.
Arians' initial season with the Colts was rather eventful, as not only did he tutor rookie quarterback Andrew Luck, but he was the team's interim head coach for 12 games while head coach Chuck Pagano recovered from leukemia. He guided the team to a 9-3 mark while in charge, and the Colts ultimately reached the playoffs.
Unfortunately for Arians, though, he missed the playoff game due to being hospitalized with a virus.
Rapaport has also reported the Cardinals are set to interview Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, and the team has already spoken with Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley, Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden and Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.