Report: Cardinals request permission to speak with Bruce Arians
According to NFL.com insider Ian Rapoport reported the team has requested permission to speak with Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians.
Arians, 60, spent just one season with the Colts, but prior to that he was the Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator for five seasons.
Arians' initial season with the Colts was rather eventful, as not only did he tutor rookie quarterback Andrew Luck, but he was the team's interim head coach for 12 games while head coach Chuck Pagano recovered from leukemia. He guided the team to a 9-3 mark while in charge, and the Colts ultimately reached the playoffs.
Unfortunately for Arians, though, he missed the playoff game due to being hospitalized with a virus.
Rapaport has also reported the Cardinals are set to interview Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, and the team has already spoken with Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley, Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden and Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.